Monday, April 5, 2010

What a week

My best friend Tony came out for a much needed vacation this past week. It great to see him. He also brought his girlfriend Rhea with him. He was showing her his old stomping grounds and taking in the much needed California sun that he has missed.
I remembered when I was younger when my cousins would visit during the summer, there was always this void that settled in. All the late night trips, laughs, games, and fun things that we did all summer, just disappeared when they all left. I felt that same void again when Tones and Rhea left. We only hung out a total of 3 days, but it felt like a summer of memories. The trips, the laughs, and the food. Oh the food. It was nice because my wife got some girl time. She misses it so and I feel it. I think my wife really misses my buddies girl. We will see each other soon.
Tomorrow is the first day at my new position. I think I'm more scared then excited, but we just have to keep moving forward right?
I better get some sleep. Good night

No comments: