Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

So our day started out by getting ready to go meet with my in-laws. We all got ready and we traveled to the Knott's Berry Farm hotel. I dropped of my wife and kids as I looked for a parking spot. I felt kind of under dressed even though I thought I was in OK clothes. So I made my way to the lobby and I was thinking of going to the restaurant. There was a sign that was redirecting people who had reserved for the Mother's Day Brunch to go to the grotto. There I find my wife waiting for me. She guides me through the line and I see the rest of the family already there. We check in for the brunch and wait a little bit. While we were waiting, there was a gazebo that was decorated for a picture spot. We took several shots: All of us, our family, and the just the girls (Not including my daughter). These were taken by the hotel service people. We took our own personal shots around the waiting area. We really didn't wait long. When they called our party, to my surprise they didn't lead us to the restaurant but to the upstairs where all the ballrooms were. After my mom-in-law paid for our brunch (thank you very much), we were guided into the ballroom for our table. Wow! They had 3 different stations that provided different things. And that's not including the dessert table. They had their own section. What I didn't expect was that even though there was 6 of us, it was a table for 10 so anyone could join us. There was a couple who joined us. They were 2 elderly guys that seemed at first they were just going to be just to themselves, but they ended up being very friendly and talkative. We had some laughs, good conversation, and great food. Needless to say I was full. We took some more pictures and then went home to rest a bit.
Now we are on our way to my aunt's house in Orange. We get there and there is more food and other family members that have started to eat. I greeted my mom and I told her that I have a gift for her but sh needs to let me know when she is free. She doesn't know yet but I got her a manicure/pedicure session at Burke Williams. I can kind of afford it now so I want to spoil her a bit when I can. We were watching the Laker game at the same time too, but man, what a way to lose. In overtime. But it was tough. I hope they don't fold like they did last year. But we were there to have dessert, but of course we needed to eat a little bit. The other cousins are growing up so fast now. They were all playing the Wii. We were getting into it as well, but we had to go. So we went to the mall, got some home necessities, then treated my wifey and the family to some boba, then we went home. Well, almost went home. My son took down our house keys at my parent's house and left it there. Ay yay yay. Thank God we live close to my parents. So we went back to my parents, then finally made it home.
So now here I am, relaxing and just enjoying the day that just happened. God is good. Life is good.

No comments: